- What are Trueberry Books?
Trueberry Books are the world's first truly customizable children's books. They feature your favorite family photos and our original illustrations. Best of all, the stories are made up of the most memorable moments from your family's life.
- What makes a Trueberry Book so special?
A Trueberry Book turns your own family's story into a real children's book. Kids of all ages can identify with the hero on an entirely new level because, in a Trueberry Book, your child is the hero. Plus, each Trueberry Book captures memories that will be treasured for a lifetime.
Create a Book
- How do I create a Trueberry Book?
It's easy. We've already designed the illustrations and started the story. Now it's your turn to personalize it by writing about your family's most special moments. You can also upload photos that will appear in the book. Watch our brief demo to see how simple it is to do. Then choose the Trueberry Book you like best. Our Tips will help you along the way. If you have any questions or problems, just contact us.
- What's the difference between Standard Mode and Author Mode?
In Standard Mode, we've written almost all of the text; you only need to add a few specific details to personalize your book. In Author Mode, we've written the beginning of each page and provided suggestions on what you can write next. Remember, this is your story, so you can rewrite anything we've written, no matter which mode you choose. Plus, you can switch back and forth between modes whenever you like.
- Can I edit the text you've already written?
Yes, you can rewrite anything on the page.
- How do I erase the text on the page?
Click the text and use your Backspace or Delete key to erase it and write your story.
- How do I erase the Suggestion?
Click anywhere in the Suggestion area to erase it.
- How do I erase the yellow highlighted text in Standard Mode?
Click the Yellow Highlighted Text to erase it and personalize your story.
- How much room do I have to write my story?
There's plenty of room for your story, although the exact word count varies slightly from book to book. Don't worry: we'll warn you if you're getting close to the limit, and we'll tell you if you've reached it. At that point, you can always go back and edit what you've written.
- How do I upload a photo?
Click the silhouette by the text or the "Photos" button at the top of the page. You can upload a new photo each time you reach a new page. Or upload several photos at once and select the one you want when you reach a new page.
- What are your photo guidelines?
Upload any JPEG, GIF or PNG. Be sure to preview the pdf of your book before ordering to make sure you love how every photo looks.
- How do I change an illustration?
Simply click the illustration to see other images you can use. Then click the one you like best.
- How long does it take to create a Trueberry Book?
How long it takes is up to you. The unofficial world record is 6 minutes. Standard Mode is quicker because it requires less writing. We hope you'll enjoy the process of creating your book - most people say they love reminiscing as they write their family's story and browse through their photos. Remember, you don't need to complete your book in one sitting; you can always save your work and come back later to finish.
- Can I review my book and make changes to it before I place my order?
Yes. When you're done, please be sure to review your book to make sure you love it.
- Can I create a book on my iPad?
We're working hard to make Trueberry Books iPad-compatible soon. Until then, please create your Trueberry Book from a computer.
- Can I create several different versions of the same book? For example, what if I want to create two different Twinkleberry books for my two daughters?
Yes, simply create your first book and place your order. Then create your second book and order your second book separately.
Share a Book
- Can I share an online version of my book with my family and friends?
Yes. After you place your order, share a link to your book via Facebook, Twitter or email so your family and friends can see it online for free.
- How do I post my book in the Public Library?
After you Create Your Book and Add to Cart, click Post my book in Public Library. You can always change this setting later in My Account.
Payment and Shipping
- What forms of payment do you accept?
Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- How do I use a Promo Code?
You can enter a Promo Code after you Create Your Book and Add to Cart.
- Where do you ship?
We currently ship anywhere in the U.S. We're looking forward to offering worldwide shipping soon.
- How can I track my order?
Once your package ships, we'll send you an e-mail with the tracking number so you can check your order status. You can also find this information on your My Account page.
- What is your return policy?
We will reprint any book that has a printing defect, free of charge. However, since Trueberry Books are personalized and one-of-a-kind, we cannot accept returns after you place your order. Please make sure you review your book and are happy with your creation before you place your order.
- How long will it take for my book to arrive?
You'll receive your book in approximately 5-10 days, depending on the shipping method you choose. Please note that Trueberry Books is not responsible for shipping delays once your order leaves our print facility.
A Few More Questions
- How old do I need to be to love my Trueberry Book?
Babies, kids and adults of all ages love Trueberry Books!
- What do you do with my book after my order is placed?
We keep an electronic version of your book on our servers in case you'd like to order additional copies in the future.
- Who are you?
We're Nicole and Dan. Hi!
- How'd you come up with the idea for Trueberry Books?
Completely by accident. Read How Trueberry Books Was Born here.
- I have a great concept for your next Trueberry Book. Will you consider it?
Sorry, we're currently not accepting submissions for new concepts. Please note that if you submit a concept to Trueberry Books or post your book in our Public Library, you are doing so voluntarily and recognize that the material could be similar to concepts we are currently developing. Trueberry Books does not assume any obligation with respect to the submission or posting of material.
- Wait, you didn't answer my question.
Just contact us and we'll get right back to you.